Telecare offers individuals, families and carers, security and peace of mind. It enables people to stay independent in their own homes for as long as possible.
In Scotland there are around 160,000 people using Telecare with the majority of those over the age of 75.
SCTT activity in Telecare
- SCTT have a lead role in the Scottish Government’s Technology Enabled Care (TEC) Programme.
- The TEC programme provides funding to partnerships throughout Scotland to scale and develop Telecare services.
- Support the transition of Scotland’s Telecare services from an analogue telephone service to a digital service.
SCTT are currently supporting the following national Telecare developments;
- Service Improvement through Telecare Data Collection and Analysis
- Embedding Telecare within Care Pathway Redesign programmes for Dementia, Falls and Overnight Support services
- Analogue to Digital Telecare Programme
- Undertaking a Feasibility study to explore options for Telecare Expansion
- Development of an on-line Telecare Self Check & SignpostingTool to support awareness raising and expansion