Scottish Centre for Telehealth and Telecare

Latest News

latest news
Opportunity for Publication The International Journal of PUBLIC Health and Environmental Research are running an issue focussed exclusively on digital health and care, with the opportunity to submit articles. [more]
Digital Health and Social Care Conference 22.11.17 webcast of the morning plenary session The Scottish Digital Health and Social Care Conference 22.11.17 brought together 360 attendees in Glasgow. The morning session 9am-11am was webcast. The webcast is available to view. [more]
Recorded webinar: Rural Healthcare: Using Technology to Increase Access to Services The knowledge exchange webinar which involved participants in Scotland and Western Australia, was recorded during Digital Health and Care Week 2017 [more]

MasterMind

image: MasterMind

Mastermind is a European Commission project which provides Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for patients with mild to moderate depression in Scotland.

The programme, explores the barriers to the roll-out of computerised CBT. It looks at the sharing of learning and best practice required in different cultural and healthcare structures. The project aims to replicate this type of intervention more widely in the EU.

Mastermind can provide many benefits for both patients and clinicians including:

  • Improved access to psychological therapies for patients.
  • Improved range of choice for patients on therapy.
  • Increased flexibility for patients in accessing psychological therapies.

The MasterMind project was developed in four health boards including: NHS Lanarkshire, NHS Grampian, NHS Fife and NHS Shetland. The work was originally established in NHS Forth Valley and NHS Tayside who have offered cCBT as one of their core psychological therapies since 2005 and 2007.

 

Currently, cCBT services in Scotland cover 44% of the total Scottish population. There were around 7,000 referrals in 2016 with 5,400 of these being received by the “MasterMind Boards”.   Around 80% of all referrals come from GPs while the remaining 20% come from clinical psychology and other mental health services.

Evidence shows a clinical benefit to patients from the first session with patients conditions improving as they progress through the treatment program. 

For further information please contact Chris Wright

For a copy of the MasterMind leaflet, please click here:

 

MasterMind leaflet cover

Latest News

latest news
Opportunity for Publication The International Journal of PUBLIC Health and Environmental Research are running an issue focussed exclusively on digital health and care, with the opportunity to submit articles. [more]
Digital Health and Social Care Conference 22.11.17 webcast of the morning plenary session The Scottish Digital Health and Social Care Conference 22.11.17 brought together 360 attendees in Glasgow. The morning session 9am-11am was webcast. The webcast is available to view. [more]
Recorded webinar: Rural Healthcare: Using Technology to Increase Access to Services The knowledge exchange webinar which involved participants in Scotland and Western Australia, was recorded during Digital Health and Care Week 2017 [more]